Sunday, June 29, 2008

Roam - verb. To walk, go, or travel without a fixed purpose or direction; ramble; wander; rove.

In going with the rhythm of my life it looks like we're moving, again. Well, we hope we're moving. If I'm in the same place, even house, for over a year I start to get 'the itch'. The carnie-circus-folk-vagabond-traveling-gypsy itch. I'm ready for a move. A new dawn. A fresh start. A new beginning. I took pictures of the current house for posterity purposes:
That's part of the living room. The chair was here when we moved in, all derelict and in need of love. I recovered the seat and Caleb took care of the rest. All the frames were redone using Mod-Podge and old-school Popular Science magazines, same with the little balls in the silver bowl.

A closer view of the chair mounted on the wall. All the paint shapes on the wall were from random paint colors we had left over from other walls in the house. Green from the office, dark brown/purple from the bathroom and orange from the babies room. You can see the Popular Science pieces on the chair to continue with the theme.

Not as clean as it should be, but this is the wall that is opposite of the last. The orange benches go well with Caleb's new painting that covers the opening to the fireplace. Notice the skull on the mantel. Yep.

Suitcases turned artsy bookshelves. I had a problem letting go and I collected anything old that I could, including; suitcases, drawers from dressers and cupboard doors.

The babies room, complete with 'Hot Wheel' shelves. During my nesting phase of pregnancy, that happened to come one week before birth, I felt the need to paint his room. We were going for Tim Burton meets Dr. Seuss. Since his crib is still in our bedroom it's unfortunate he never slept in his room...

2 comments:

Ash said...

Yes- we are in Charlotte. It will be great to have you here! We actually just bought a home in Fort Mill, SC, but it is just over the line and only 20min from Charlotte. That is why I like the area, because you can work in NC, but live in SC and pay lower taxes. Let me know if you guys decided for sure- we would love to help you guys out with anything you need!

Georgiavore.com said...

Lizard,
Your house looks AWESOME!
It also looks totally different from when we were there- you've been a busy little girl!
Love ya bunches-