Thursday, October 23, 2008

Elementary - adj. el-e-men-ta-ry, Of the nature of an ultimate constituent; simple or uncompounded.

I don't get this so someone read it and explain it to me...From what I gather, peeling Scotch tape inside a vacuum turns the tape into an x-ray. Yeah, now you know why I'm confused. Scientists say you're safe peeling tape in a regular room, it's the absence of oxygen that creates SOMETHING that makes the particles go wacky and makes it an x-ray. So, read the link and email me and explain it to me with elementary terms.

LINK

2 comments:

wewalkedtheearth said...

try peeling the backing off of a bandaid in a completely dark room.

It's generated by the adhesive being pulled apart from the surface.

mishaboom said...

i don't get the bandaid thing. and that's crazy about the scotch tape rings, i don't get it. aren't they just plastic? haha at first i thought you meant vacuum, like vacuum cleaner and I was stumped...