Thursday, October 2, 2008

Practice - verb. prac-tice, To perform or do repeatedly in order to acquire skill or proficiency.

I've been playing around with Photoshop lately, learning some new tricks and trying to figure out a certain look that I love. It's already taught me a couple things and I like it. Now I just need to take the right type of photo and it'll turn out even cooler....Here are the before and afters on one of my favorite photos of one of my favorite people.Before...After...See, it kinda gives it a cartoon-y illustrated look, hard to explain but I like it...I'm going to keep practicing and taking more contrasty pictures to give the effect more of pop.Another before...And after...now I'm addicted.

2 comments:

mishaboom said...

i do the same thing with photoshop, i start playing around and two hours later i'm still doing it...

Unknown said...

So there is a funny web video series call "You Suck At Photoshop" that is kinda crude, rather humorous and surprisingly educational. More Image manipulation than touch-up and effects but still quit fun. I've learned a lot from it.

http://www.mydamnchannel.com/Big_Fat_Brain/You_Suck_at_Photoshop/YouSuckatPhotoshop1_398.aspx