Thursday, June 3, 2010

Golden - adj. gold-en, Full of happiness, prosperity, or vigor: golden hours; a golden era of exploration.

In the Midwest we celebrate 'Golden Birthdays' it's when you become the age that your birthday falls on, for example, my birthday is on May 29th and this year I turned 29, therefore GOLDEN BIRTHDAY! And my 29th birthday bazaar was nothing short of spectacular. A huge thanks to my wonderful/perfect/fantastic husband for putting it together with such class and allowing me to ruin that class by having mojitos at the same party and drinking those mojitos. He had an amazing spread of food that filled a house full of people and an ice cream cake (my favorite!). One of my gifts was a pack of fireworks, which we all enjoyed, some people even did some impossible firework jumping feats. The night ended with a short walk to Cabo with our best bartending cousin, Anna! The rest is history...
Mmmmm, nummy, nummy foodies.
The spread with friends and family included. Even if Keaton doesn't love it.
X man and his bumped forehead enjoying some blueberries and watermelons.
No time for chit-chat.
Anna is so psyched to be at my party.
I love beets!! Caleb makes the BEST roasted beet salad with goat cheese, using the arugula/rocket salad from my garden!
Stripes are the name of the game...I don't know if you can see Carter is holding Jonah out of the picture because he wasn't wearing stripes...nice.
This is Xander's fake cry face. Not very convincing...
Caleb bought the ice cream cake and the candles...don't say anything, you'll just break his heart.
Bananagrams with the best of them!
Pick-a-little-talk-a-little. Pick-a-little-talk-a-lot.
Uh-oh, this is a dangerous face...watch out for it.
One of the last shots of the night, we were all in good spirits.
The next morning Xander wanted to wear his shoes to Smelly Cat to see Carter. Caleb was gracious to me the whole day and let me sleep off a crazy night.
It's always time for a back yard sprinkler/tub party...just take off their clothes and let them run...

2 comments:

CAC muffin said...

ohhh man I hate hate hate i missed ur birthday- but I was stuck at the circle of hell all weekend! :( looks like everyone had a blast!

JEn said...

I LOVE the idea of a Golden Birthday, I suppose I'm long past mine, 13 doesn't exactly come around twice. Wish we could have celebrated with you.