Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Homemaker - noun. home-mak-er, A person who manages the household of his or her own family, esp. as a principal occupation.

Thanks to extra time and Misha's Christmas present (photo printer, zing!) I finally finished my bedroom project to make it more family oriented and less like a blank slate. We finally painted over the bright orange and white, it gave the room a much warmer feel with our blue and brown but for a long time the walls just sat bare. I got a bunch of Ikea clip frames and the cutest material from there as well and just put some stuff together. Mom and Xander helped me lay the pattern and nail the walls. I just hung the picture frames before I had the rest of the pictures and there it sat for a month or two, but like I said, I finally finished and I'm super happy with the final product.
Xander grabbed his toy hammer to help hang pictures. The next two pictures were taken on my phone, sorry about the quality, or lack thereof.
Once I finished hanging, most of the frames sat empty for too long. I am a procrastinator.
Finished work, sorry for the unmade bed.
A close up of the pictures. I really like all of Ikea's material, it was hard to just pick one, I wish I could sew or make something with their pretty fabric, maybe that's my next thing...I'll figure it out.

2 comments:

Herman said...

Marvelous work! The bed looks awesome too! Enjoy the New Year!

Unknown said...

i think that looks just great.