Monday, July 14, 2008

Swap Meet - noun. A fair or bazaar where objects, usually secondhand, are bartered or sold.

So much for All-American...

Today Anheuser-Busch sold in a multi-billion dollar deal, 49.91 billion actually, to InBev, a Belgian company, to make the largest brewer in the world. Currently Miller holds that title, but not for long. At first I was really indifferent to the entire deal, but the more I thought about it the more it kinda rubbed on me. I don't like that an American Icon is no longer American...and I don't even like Budweiser. And then I remembered that my sister-in-law's sister has worked for them for quite some time. Say a prayer for Amy that she gets to keep her job. When talks first started there was argument about selling to a foreign company but InBev just upped their price from $65 a share to $70 and that's all the board needed to sign away.

America for sale!

Link

No comments: