Friday, August 22, 2008

Nostalgia - noun. nos-tal-gia, A wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland.

This is a new picture of the house I grew up in. A friend of my mom's was in the town and my mom talked him through directions to the house, he snapped a couple pictures for her. It's sad because you can see the stump of an enormous oak tree that used to shade the entire house. I wonder why it was cut down. It was beautiful and it covered the house so well. I had a couple of rooms in the house but the last one I lived in was the one on the second floor on the right, with the air conditioner in the window. Misha's room was the main window on the second floor to the left of mine, though they were connected inside. It's so nice to see it again. I was planning on going to see it when we were in Minnesota last but we didn't get a chance, I'll plan on it over Christmas time. The attic was always fun too, if you didn't mind the bats...

3 comments:

Ash said...

Hey, give us a ring when you guys start moving in and stuff. When do you guys get here again?

Georgiavore.com said...

I loved that house.

Unknown said...

Liz,
I think the tree was in the way.
John