Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sappy - adj. sap-py, Excessively sentimental , mawkish.



One of my favorite movies by far and definitely one of the best movie endings ever written...I'm not the biggest fan of old 80's movies, just ask Caleb, usually his movie choices are followed by my eyes rolling, but there are some classics that can never be topped. One of them is 'When Harry Met Sally', call me a schmuck, I don't care, it's a sappy romance movie and I l.o.v.e. it. It's just one of those flicks you can watch over and over, especially the line where he says, 'when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.' Who wrote that?? It's so perfect, you must admit.

I'll also say, for Caleb's sake, that 'The Great Outdoors' is also a wonderful classic. Caleb bought it the other day, I think he saw it on-sale at the grocery store, and he brought it home and it reminded me of growing up, I think we watched it quite a bit at home because I knew the story really well but didn't know how. Anyway, some things are always funny, no matter how old you get.

1 comment:

Nate Vaagen said...

Since meeting Ariel, I've watched this about 20 times. Never saw it before that.

I am most grateful for this movie for very succinctly defining the term "high maintenance."

H:"You're high maintenance"

S:"I'm not high maintenance. I just like things the way I like them."

H:"Exactly. High maintenance."