Monday, August 18, 2008

Pastime - noun. pas-time, Something that serves to make time pass agreeably; a pleasant means of amusement, recreation, or sport.

Our friend, Mandi, got some tickets to the Braves game yesterday. I like going to baseball games, the smell of the beer and the sound of the crowd, it's very nostalgic, I mean, it's not the Twins, who are by far the best team by far, but, you know, far away. So, we take what we can get. The thing about southern teams who have outdoor parks...yikes, it's hot. I remember that about the Texas stadium too, when we went to see the Rangers play the Twins, you basically sweat through whatever you're wearing and down your legs. Try to sit in the shade, it's the only advice I can give.The funniest part of the whole deal is that I found out that my brother and sister-in-law and their family were there at the same game! I get her Twitter updates but didn't have my phone near me! I think we were far away anyway, but still, what are the odds!Poor little man was so sweaty, his baby nose gets sweat drops all over it, then he didn't like his hat anymore so I had to lube up his head with sunscreen...I guess that's what happens to cute babies.

Baseball games always remind me of my cousin Ike...This is him, the Legend! This was at a Twins game. My brother wrote a song about it that gi
ves you the feeling that you were there...

No comments: