Saturday, August 9, 2008

Update - verb. up-date, To bring (a person, organization, etc.) up to date on a particular subject.

A lot of things happening this month! We're looking for houses in Charlotte, NC and hopefully moving the end of the month. I have a very strong love/hate relationship with moving. It's in my blood, as a circus folk/vagabond/wanderer/traveling gypsy, to move about every year, not towns necessarily but definitely locations, so I like moving, and in a sense I have to, because I get very restless. On the other hand I do not like packing or unpacking for that matter. I need to pay someone who would do it exactly how I would...but, that's not going to happen!

Talladega Nights: I realize this is an old movie but for some reason I haven't watched it until recently and I can't believe how funny it is, or how funny I think it is. There are a couple scenes that I couldn't stop laughing and I just giggled so hard I had tears running down my face. Caleb says to be careful because that is pretty much where we're moving and those are the people he's working for, silly. It's such a stupid/silly movie, but if you haven't seen it, give it a chance. It's amazing to me that adult men get paid a lot of money to be stupid.

2008 Beijing Olympics: The opening ceremonies where beautiful, if you missed them try to figure a way to watch them. They used 15,000 people in them! So many colors and such amazing technology was used, and when you thought it was technology it ended up being people, or crazy stuff like that, anyway, we watched until the people started walking out and then got tired! I think the athletes took an hour and 50 minutes.

Mad Men: Go to blockbuster and rent season one. That's all you have to do to get addicted. We're big fans and it makes me want to smoke cigarettes inside and wear house dresses and pearls...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

David R. lives out in the Raleigh area and I'm out there every once and a while. If you end up in Charlotte it would be great to say hi. Hope all goes well with the house hunting