Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekender - noun. week-end-er, A person who engages in a sport, hobby, or other activity occasionally, esp. on weekends.

Sunday night already? The weekends go WAY to fast over here. We had a good weekend even though Xander and I caught Caleb's cold. We were down for the count on Thursday and worked uphill from there. Friday morning was doing better and good enough to have a couple friends stop by Friday night before they stole Caleb and headed off to a neighborhood concert, and left me and Xander some quiet time. On Saturday we went with Caleb to a car show, tried out a couple big cars we're looking at buying and even saw Santa! Not the experience mama expected out of her little one.
Xander's new Christmas pajamas! They aren't actually new, I think my dad got them for him when he was born, they looked so big compared to his size then, it's hard to believe it's almost been a year and he's so BIG. He can fit into those pj's without a problem.There's Sunil given the thumbs up. Just a couple people having some drinks and talking before heading off to the 'Evening Muse' a local venue/bar for a little music. It was a Gallery Crawl night in NODA so there were a lot of people walking around the streets on one FREEZING (literally) Charlotte night. That's why little man and I opted out of the festivities and hit the sack!
Went to the Charlotte Auto show with some friends and played around on some of the new cars. Here's Max and Samia playing in a trunk that Caleb threw them in. Xander really liked climbing in some cars himself, not like the last car show we went to were he couldn't touch anything.
Not my child!!! Xander, who loves everyone and reaches out for strangers to hold him, freaked out when I handed him to Santa!!! I couldn't believe it. His mother will force Christmas down his throat starting the day after Halloween for his entire childhood and he's afraid of one person....Santa. Unbelievable. But, look at that face...I can't handle that scared little face.
Mama jumped in to save him. I couldn't believe he didn't like Santa, or didn't like anyone, this kid hasn't met a stranger yet, well I guess this makes one!
Santa, the dirty old man, thought of this idea...
My two boys. Hanging out at car shows...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks warm there! Man! I've got to move... it's freezing here as usual. I mean it's warm now... it's actually like 30 degrees and only about 18 or 20 at night... yipee!

Unknown said...

Liz,
Cold sucks.
Maybe we'll take a road trip this Christmas season... gas is so cheap and all. How cold will it get around Christmastime there?